Save Money in Malaysia
Previously I have shared many tips that will help you to earn money online, and tips to save money. Today, I am going to share a variety of money-saving tips that will save enough money for you. Recently I came to Malaysia and I am saving enough by using these simple tricks, and I thought it’s worth sharing with you all. So pay attention to this post and I assure, you will save a lot money. Before I start, here are a few previously published articles for you all those who are also interested in earning money:
Save while shopping online/offline
Are you a shopping enthusiastic and you spend a lot of money by online shopping, then you could save a lot of money while shopping online/offline.
Compare and Cashback
- Use a Compare and Cashback website like ShopBack by which you can see the available deals in different websites as well as earn cashback for each purchase. You will earn a lot cash back on your each purchase.
In 2 months I have earned RM 125
- Always go for a free shipping option while shopping online, instead of giving 5-10 bucks extra delivery charge.
Online Cab Booking (Grab/Uber)
- Now a days there is a huge competition between Grab and Uber in Malaysia, that’s why they are giving promos every day. One day if there is discount in Uber then next day it will be in Grab.
Every day I took a cab for my office, so personally I save around RM 150-180 per month by using Grab/Uber
- Always buy a movie ticket online instead of approaching directly to ticket counter. Sign up in TGV Cinemas by paying RM 30 and get 2 movie tickets with 1 Popcorn and 1 regular drinks also you will get same reward again in your birthday. So you have saved almost RM 80
- For flight bookings instead of approaching to an agent, prefer to book online. Because you can check the prices for different flights and different websites. Use EaseMyTrip, Air-Asia and Traveloka .
Personally I have saved around RM 660 while travelling to India.
Look for Coupons Online
Personally before shopping anything I always look for different coupons and offers available online. Most of the times I used to find coupons like 20-50 % off. So instead of paying them full amount you can pay less and save the extra amount. I will suggest you to use Groupon and Couponation .
Avoid using credit card more often
Now a days most of the people prefer using Credit card as their preferred mode of payment over cash and debit card. But you should also know that it has many hidden charges (let payment charge). So my personal suggestion is if you are not in an urgent situation don’t purchase with your Credit card. If you use Credit card for EMI transaction then go for a 0% int. EMI.
Prefer to Eat in Mamak shop
In Malaysia if you usually eat outside and you seriously want to save money then prefer eating at a Mamak shop because they are really and food quality also good. In weekends you can go for your favorite MC Donald or Pizza Hut shop. Mark my words by doing this you can reduce your food cost around 40-60 %.
Mount your own filter at Home
In Malaysia you can’t drink tape water directly, so every time you have to purchase drinking water which costs around RM 1/liter. You might think that this is a very small amount but if you estimate for 1 month it will be around RM 30/50 and every time you have to go out to purchase drinking water. So better to have your own filter mounted at your home which will cost you around RM 100-150 and also every time you don’t have to go to market for water.
If you have suggestions please comment below. Also go ahead and bookmark this page because we will keep adding more steps to save money in Malaysia.