Facebook’s New Anti-Terrorist Strategy
Now a days
terrorism became a biggest threat to mankind. It’s also not hidden to anybody that they are using social media to spread their extremist propaganda. So Facebook became open about their counter-terrorism activity on social media.
- The Social Media Giant Facebook has announced the details of steps it is taking to remove terrorist-related content from Social media.
- Due to the growing pressure from governments for technology companies to do more to take down terrorist propaganda.
- In a series of blog posts by senior figures and an interview with the BBC, FB says it wants to be more open about the work it is doing.
- The company told to BBC, it is using artificial intelligence to spot images, videos and text related to terrorism as well as clusters of fake accounts.
“We want to find terrorist content immediately, before people in our community have seen it,” it said.
On the AI front, the company said it will use image matching, language understanding for the removal of clusters of terrorists’ pages, posts, and profiles; the ongoing shutting down of accounts started by people already banned for suspected terrorist affiliation; and collaboration across all of Facebook’s properties– Instagram and WhatsApp–to frustrate those people’s efforts.
- Most notably, Facebook disclosed that it has more than 150 people “exclusively or primarily focused on countering terrorism as their core responsibility,” including people from counter-terrorism academia and law enforcement.
Read more.. about Facebook’s New Anti-Terrorist Strategy.